The books listed below are the ten best books I’ve read (thus far) this year. Not all of them were released this year, but they’re all amazing and definitely recommended.
In the order I read them (from beginning of the year to end)!
- For those looking for some really wonderful magical realism, with a non-binary protagonist: EVERY DAY by David Levithan.
- For those who love poetic prose, complicated character development, kissing and action: IGNITE ME by Tahereh Mafi. (Review here)
- For those who want a gritty, badass, non-Contemporary Romance NA read: THE WICKED WE HAVE DONE by Sarah Harian. (Review here)
- For lovers of fantasy, snark, memorable characters and epic worldbuilding with a steampunk-ish twist: RUIN AND RISING by Leigh Bardugo. (Review here)
- For those who love gory, action-packed dystopias: THE MURDER COMPLEX by Lindsay Cummings.
- For fantasy lovers looking for a fresh new take on witches and a haunting voice: HALF BAD by Sally Green. (Review here)
- For those looking for a unique magic system, imaginative setting and diverse cast: OTHERBOUND by Corinne Duyvis. (Review here)
- For paranormal lovers who want awesome world-building, a strong female protagonist and a dark, captivating story: DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE by Laini Taylor.
- For contemporary lovers looking for great mental illness representation: FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell. (Review here)
- For those who want a thrilling QUILTBAG NA read: HUSHED by Kelley York. (Review here)
What are some of the best books you’ve read this year?
.@Ava_Jae shares her top ten favorite reads of the year. Have you read any of these excellent books? (Click to tweet)
What are some of the best books you've read this year? Writer @Ava_Jae shares her top ten list. (Click to tweet)