Book Review: EASY by Tammara Webber

Photo credit: Goodreads
Yes, yes, I know, so many reviews, but I regret nothing because these books are fantastic.

So if a certain YA series involving vampires is an example of how not to have a healthy relationship, Easy by Tammara Webber is a beautiful example of relationships done right. But first, the Goodreads summary:
“Rescued by a stranger. 
Haunted by a secret. 
Sometimes, love isn’t easy… 
He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior… 
The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.
Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love. 
A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.”
So Easy has a reputation of being the NA book that made many people love NA books, and I definitely understand why. Easy is one of the books that kicked off the category and made people pay attention, and it is totally deserving of its praise.

Like many other readers have said, I don’t usually gravitate towards Contemporary Romance novels, but Easy still caught my attention right from the beginning and kept it until the last page. It took me all of a day to read it, and I have to say, it features one of my favorite relationships ever.

Besides being super attractive, smart, artsy, badass and kind, the love interest Lucas respects boundaries. This, to me, is what made him so incredibly fantastic, because his relationship with Jacqueline is a perfect example of what a healthy, respectful relationship looks like.

Not only that, but Easy does an excellent job portraying and speaking out against rape culture—but it does it in a way that isn’t at all preachy or lecture-y.

Easy kept me flying through the chapters, smiling very often and has a wonderful message to boot. 5/5 stars for sure.

Have you read EASY?

Twitter-sized bites: 
Curious about New Adult novels? Try EASY by @TammaraWebber. (Click to tweet
.@Ava_Jae gives EASY by @TammaraWebber 5/5 stars. Have you read this book? (Click to tweet)

2 comments:

Haneen I. Adam said...

I like this review, it's about time I read such recommendation, that there is a book in this genre that includes a healthy relationship and a protagonist who actually respects boundaries! i mean, it sounds too good to be true. I'm also interested about how it handles rape, I have this thorny issue in my current WIP. Thanks, your reviews are short, sharp and refreshing, keep them coming ;)

Ava Jae said...

Thanks, Haneen! I was really happy to see how relationships and rape culture was handled in Easy and I am more than happy to spread the word. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...