myWriteClub: A Fun Accountability Site

So once upon a time, I was looking for a website with NaNo-like word progress functionality available during non-NaNo months. And there was nothing out there, and I was sad. 

Until recently! When I stumbled across this fabulous writer accountability site called myWriteClub



As of right now, myWriteClub is still in beta, so not all of the features are up and running quite yet. That being said, even in beta version, it’s been really fun to play around with.

Like NaNoWriMo, myWriteClub allows you to make projects with goals, then has a little progress chart as you progress through your goal. The chart looks like this (or at least, mine did when I wrote this):


myWriteClub also allows you to follow people, who can then follow you back and see your progress. And because writers are awesome, we cheer each other on and it can be a really nice motivational boost to have lovely people tell you you’re doing great. :)

What’s really cool about the site is you can customize each of your projects and goals to your needs. You set the word count goal, the deadline, the name of the project, etc. and if you need to adjust it, you can.

In the future, myWriteClub plans to have word sprints organized within the site, so you can race your friends and see their progress in real time as you sprint, which I think is completely amazing and I’m super looking forward to that feature going live.

For more information, check out myWriteClub’s about page

All in all, I’ve had a really positive experience with myWriteClub so far, and I look forward to using it more in the future. If you join, definitely let me know and feel free to follow me!

Have you tried myWriteClub? 

Twitter-sized bites:
Writers! Looking for NaNo-like progress charts & accountability? Here's why @Ava_Jae suggests trying @my_write_club. (Click to tweet)  
Have you tried @my_write_club? Here's why one writer says you may want to give it a shot. (Click to tweet)

12 comments:

Cassie Watson said...

This looks so helpful! It'll have to wait for my next project though, as I just finished the first draft of my book about an hour ago!

Ava Jae said...

Oh wow! Congratulations!! *throws confetti* myWriteClub's definitely been fun to play around with, so I hope you get the chance to try it in the future! :)

Braden Russell said...

This looks like just what I need to finish my current project. And since NaNo only ever comes in the very worst possible month of the year for me, I'm excited. Thanks for sharing!

Braden Russell said...

Really? Did not realize that. July actually might...

Arliss Grove said...

So excited! I hope this catches on. Looking forward to that word sprint feature.

STW said...

Thanks for sharing about this! I joined a few days ago and absolutely love seeing my progress bit by bit...so encouraging!

Ava Jae said...

Agree on both counts!

Ava Jae said...

You're welcome! It definitely IS encouraging! I love progress charts. :)

Karyne said...

Thanks so much for posting this! I'm excited to try it out!

Robin Red said...

Just made one. Revise time!

Ava Jae said...

You're so welcome! I hope you like it as much as I do! :)

Ava Jae said...

Awesome! Good luck! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...