|Photo credit: rsutton198 | oneninety8.com on Flickr|
The week of the 22nd of June is going to be a rather busy and stressful one for me (but for good reasons!), and so I’m going to be taking a mini-break. Granted, I’ll probably find a way to do bloggerly and writerly work during my mini-break because that’s just how I am, but point is I have THREE open slots for guest posts. And I’m leaving it up to you guys to fill them.
The posts will be up on Monday the 23rd, Wednesday the 25th, and Friday the 27th. I’ll be accepting posts from TODAY to next Friday, the 13th, and I’ll notify those who have been chosen on or by the 18th.
Posts should be about writing, books or publishing. I’ll also accept posts about social media geared to writers (i.e.: my tumblr for writers post). Before you submit, make sure I haven’t already covered the topic you’ve written about (or are thinking you might write about) by checking my directory. As of this post, I’ve written 494 posts, so I’ve covered a lot of ground. :)
Keep in mind! I’m all for taking a subject that might not traditionally be writing-related and show how it could be helpful to writers. Or put a writerly spin on it. Or something.
As for what I’m looking for! I want some fresh voices here on Writability. I have absolutely no idea what I’ll choose, but I will say if you can make me laugh, I will remember you. So.
The three posts I choose will include a mini-bio of the writer (that’s you!) and up to five links of your choosing. Yay! I also expect that you try to answer any comments on your guest post because the community here is fabulous and they deserve to hear from you.
If I don’t get enough entries, I’ll just write up more posts myself. Or if I don’t feel the entries are quite what I’m looking for, I’ll write up posts myself. So really, whether or not this works entirely depends on you guys.
So you’re interested in entering? Awesome!
- Please use my contact form between now and 11:59PM Friday, June 13 EST to enter a guest post that you have written. Copy and paste the whole post into the message box there.
- You may enter up to three posts if you so choose.
- Posts should be between 100 and 500 words. 250 is roughly average and anything longer than 500 will probably be rejected.
- Please use block formatting (no indents, single space, double space between paragraphs, plain text) to make my life easy when copying and pasting.
- I’ll choose my three favorite posts. What makes them my favorite may vary. Be yourself, write something that would work well subject-wise on this blog and voila.
- In the event that I get way more entries than I expected, I reserve the right to close the entry period early. Conversely, if I don't get enough entries that I think would fit, I may choose less than three (or none at all).
Want a chance to have your guest post featured on @Ava_Jae’s blog? Check out her mini blog contest and enter! (Click to tweet)