Mid-NaNo Check In!

Photo credit: qrevolution on Flickr
So we are now more than halfway through NaNoWriMo (and, you know, November) which is equal parts amazing and whoa. This NaNoWriMo has been...an usual one, to say the least. With the whole election disaster thrown in the middle, I know a lot of writers were thrown off-pace, myself included, sometimes for days or a full week. Plus the whole online climate has changed as we try to grapple with the whole thing, which has lessened NaNo talk, at least in my feed.

Which, yeah, fair enough. After what happened, I wouldn't expect anything else.

People are indeed still NaNoing, however, and I'm doing my best to keep up with it too. Originally, my plan was the write my full #MagicMurderMayhem WIP, which I estimated would be around 80,000 words. Since writing, however, and seeing how quickly I've been getting through my planned scenes, I've lowered my completed word count estimation to 65,000 words (although I actually suspect it'll be closer to the 60,000-word range).

This has actually been a saving grace because it allowed me to lower my daily word count goal from 3,600 words/day to 2,200 or so and dropping (because I've been writing extra when I can) and still take off Sundays. And the pace has been working well so far, as of Thursday I'm at 42,005 (including the 300 words I wrote pre-NaNo) despite being literally the busiest I've ever been, so yay.

As for the manuscript! It's going well, although I'm already noticing plot holes and major things I'll have to fix, but so goes first drafting. My goal is still to finish the manuscript by the end of November. Then I'll take December off except for any deadline things which I may very well have to do (we'll see!) and...well, after that, we're on to 2017. Wow.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, so let's focus on the rest of NaNo. How are you guys doing with your NaNo projects at the (little over) midpoint? 

Twitter-sized bite:
It's mid-NaNo check in time! How are you progressing with #NaNoWriMo? Join the discussion on @Ava_Jae's blog. (Click to tweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...