|Photo credit: iSchumi on Flickr|
It's amazing and I'm so glad I took that step and hit post.
A lot has happened in five and a half years:
- I've written ten manuscripts.
- Overcame my photo-on-the-internet phobia.
- Hit a bunch of blogging milestones.
- Switched majors from Film/Digital Media to English.
- Took a year off of college.
- Got an agent.
- Began (remote) interning in the industry.
- Began vlogging.
- Went to my first writers' conference.
- Got a book deal.
- Saw my debut published.
- Presented at two conferences.
- Graduated college.
- Began freelance editing.
- Reached 5,000 subscribers on my YouTube channel.
- Got a book deal for two sequels.
Writing out that list honestly made me kind of emotional. It's so easy to forget the steps you've taken and milestones you've hit along the way. When I first began blogging I didn't dare to hope half of those things would happen—and I certainly didn't imagine many of the others.
I started this blog figuring if it helped one person, it would be worth it. Now, five and a half years later, I have more readers than I ever imagined making it worth it every day.
Thank you all for reading—and here's to another 1,000 posts.
To celebrate, I'm giving away a signed copy of my debut, Beyond the Red, along with signed swag (US only). You have until the end of the month to enter. Good luck! :)a Rafflecopter giveaway