This vlog isn't as mean as it sounds, I promise.
Writing is hard, and dealing with self-doubt about our writing is even harder. It's not at all uncommon for writers to think their work isn't really that great—so what do you do then?
- Why Writers Must Read (vlog)
- You Don't Have to Get it Right the First Time
- Four Writing Fears, Debunked
- Why Writing Through Resistance is Essential
- Why First Draft Writing Sucks
- THE FIRE IN FICTION by Donald Maas
- REVISION & SELF-EDITING and PLOT & STRUCTURE by James Scott Bell
- YOUR FIRST NOVEL by Ann Rittenburg & Laura Whitcomb (a little outdated about publishing, but still has good tips)
- NOVEL SHORTCUTS by Laura Whitcomb
How do you handle self-doubt about your writing?
"Once you see the flaws in your writing...you can start to work toward making it better." #vlog (Click to tweet)
"You aren't any better or worse than anyone else for taking longer or shorter to get your skills publication ready." (Click to tweet)
Worried that your writing isn't any good? @Ava_Jae vlogs about why that conclusion is actually a good thing. (Click to tweet)