|Photo credit: cheri228 on Flickr|
There was once a time when I loved single-word titles. They were snappy, cool and easy to remember, and in my head, basically the bomb. Some of my favorites included Saint and the sequel Sinner by Ted Dekker.
But over time, I’ve come to realize that I’ve been gravitating more and more to longer, more evocative titles. I’ve realized I really love titles that create interesting images, titles that intrigue and echo elements of the book in an interesting and haunting way.
Some of my favorite titles include:
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
- The Wicked We Have Done by Sarah Harian
- Let the Storm Break by Shannon Messenger
Interestingly, I haven’t actually read any of those books (yet!), but I’ve found their titles to be particularly memorable.
But now I want to hear from you: what are some of your favorite titles and why?
What are some of your favorite book titles? Join the discussion at @Ava_Jae's blog. (Click to tweet)